Did you know that Sluggo Slug & Snail Bail is registered for use at only 11 pounds per acre? This is half the rate it was previously, and so much less expensive. But, there are eight other great reasons why you should use Sluggo to control pesky slugs in your vegetables.
- It is Different! Sluggo has a different active ingredient from products that contain metaldehyde.
- Sluggo is Safer! The active ingredient in Sluggo will not harm children, pets, earthworms, wildlife and bees – unlike products containing metaldehyde.
- It Works Better! In cool weather, Sluggo has been shown to work better than competing slug control products that contain metaldehyde.
- Leaves NO Residue! The active ingredient in Sluggo is ferric phosphate, a compound commonly and naturally found in soils. Uneaten bait degrades and becomes part of the soil.
- Long-lasting! Sluggo is very rainfast. The pellets remain effective after rain or irrigation.
- Easy to use! Sluggo’s smooth, clean pellets make the product very easy to handle and spread.
- In-field Use! Sluggo is registered for use right within the field, right up to beside the base of the plants. Metaldehyde products are not.
- Fast-acting! It is fast-acting and very effective. Slugs and snails are attracted to Sluggo and once affected, crawl away to die in secluded places.
- Blend With Granular Fertilizer! Sluggo can be easily and safely blended in with your granular fertilizer for ease of use and convenience.