Each fall, Cleanfarms teams spread out across the country, bringing a valued opportunity to local farmers to safely and conveniently dispose of unwanted and obsolete agricultural pesticides and old livestock, equine and poultry medications.
Cleanfarms is the national stewardship organization that develops and operates programs to help farmers/producers manage on-farm agricultural waste materials. This year, it will be returning to TerraLink (Abbotsford location) on October 12 to collect these materials.
This is an important opportunity to collect items that are no longer needed and bring them for safe disposal. Farmers are encouraged to bring:
- old or unwanted agricultural pesticides (identified with a Pest Control Product number on the label; includes used miticide strips)
- commercial pesticides for golf courses and industrial and commercial pest control products (identified with a Pest Control Product number on the label)
- livestock/equine medications that are used on-farm for livestock, poultry or horses (identified with a DIN number, serial number, notification number or Pest Control Product number on the label).
The program does NOT accept:
- fertilizer, diluted rinsate solution, large quantities of unopened product, and treated seed
- full and unopened jugs of adjuvant or surfactant
- aerosol containers, premises disinfectants and sanitizers
- needles or sharps, medicated feed, waste and medications from veterinary clinics, ear tags
- domestic pesticides and any other household hazardous waste.
The program offers an essential solution to a big issue that farmers are faced with year after year; keeping leftover chemicals and crop inputs out of the environment after they are no longer needed on the farm. As always, we at TerraLink are proud to be hosting this event.